When you’re considering renovations to your Twin Cities home, there are plenty of things to think about. One of the most important ones is hiring a home remodeling contractor in the Twin Cities. We here at Titus Contracting have a few suggestions on what to ask before you hire a home remodeling contractor.
- Ask about the business’ history. Is the business licensed, insured and bonded? Make sure you verify all of this too.
- Ask who is in charge of supervising the site to make sure the work is getting done properly and on time. Ask if you can meet that home remodeling contractor and talk to him or her face-to-face. It’s best to establish a relationship with you contractor before you begin the project.
- Ask for a timeline and a written estimate. Make sure what the home remodeling contractor is promising you seems reasonable in terms of cost and how long the job will take from start to finish. Go in with reasonable, but firm expectations.
- Ask for referrals, a portfolio or testimonials. See if you can contact any former customers of the home remodeling contractor. Many contractors have websites with galleries, portfolios and testimonials for your review.
- Ask about work and building permits. Who is in charge of getting those permits – you or the home remodeling contractor? Trust our experienced contractors to be sure everything is in proper order.
We know that you want someone dependable to help you plan your home renovation.
When you hire a home remodeling contractor in the Twin Cities like Titus Contracting, you won’t have to worry about any of this (although you are more than welcome to ask us any of these questions and any others you can think of!). Just give us a call at (952) 444-2301 or Contact Us Here.