When it comes to our homes, most of us want to have a space that truly shows off who we are. It may reflect our line of work, our hobbies, or perhaps our family heritage, but in some way or another, as homeowners, we like to put our personalized touch on our home. It is these personal touches in décor, design, and even architecture that make the walls of the house become a space we call home.
If you are new to design or perhaps have recently gotten the urge to customize your home, it can be somewhat overwhelming – but don’t panic. Rather, take a few minutes to bring in some design pros, as well as a professional contractor to help you determine what can – or cannot – be done with your space. Consulting with them, you can develop a plan based on the structural capabilities of your home, as well as its design potential.
For home remodeling in St Paul, you can count on Titus Contracting. We can help with both the design and implementation of the project. As you begin the process of creating that perfect living space, here are some ideas and tips to consider:
- Plan the job thoroughly. This is truly the most important part of the process. Pay close attention to what the contractor tells you is possible with your space. Just because you want to take out a wall between the office and living room, it doesn’t mean you can, structurally. Once you know what structural changes can realistically be made, it is safe to move ahead.
- Don’t be afraid to think outside the box. Consider having custom bookshelves, cabinetry, furniture, or woodworking included to show off your style. There are many ways to put a fresh spin on a traditional space.
- Bring the outside in. Talk to us about adding a large picture window in a room that might be a bit too dark otherwise. Have a decorative window seat built, complete with shelving or a hidden storage area, and you now have extra seating, plus more light, and a beautiful way to showcase your style.
- The kitchen’s the heart of a home. For many families, the kitchen is where the day begins and ends, so why not show off your personality with custom cabinetry? Whether it is with unique wood designs, inset shelving, a custom-built table, bar or workspace, stone countertops, an unconventional paint pattern, or other features, the kitchen is a great space to show off your style and heritage.
- Sleep well. No home makeover would be complete without taking time to design bedrooms that encourage rest and rejuvenation. You can add a custom designed walk-in closet, a hidden alcove for unwinding, or another special element that invites you in. Our contractors can help you create a getaway in home that caters to your every need.
- It’s a wash. Are you ready to stop thinking of your bathroom as just a necessary space in the home? We can turn your basic bathroom into a home spa with custom cabinetry and counters, textured finishes, spa elements, and more. All you have to do for your spa retreat is leave your cell phone behind and let yourself slip away into relaxation.
Designing a living space that is all about you doesn’t have to be on your “someday” list. It can be done now! The Titus Contracting team has years of experience in building custom spaces for homeowners and would love to help you make your dream a reality. Contact Us today to get started on your St Paul home remodeling project.