Looking into a home renovation for your Eden Prairie home? Before you get started, check out these top trends in home remodeling. With so many different looks to choose from and design avenues to go down, it’s a good idea to do your research first. Read up on the latest interior design trends here, and find the perfect ones to give your home an update and turn it into the home you’ve always dreamed of.
Add a Personal Touch with Customization
Make your living space a reflection of your personality with unique, personal touches. These can be anything from the detailing on your step’s treads and risers, to custom textured painting or an interesting, detailed tile feature, to a one of a kind light fixture, or even a creative spin on an entire room. It doesn’t have to be completely one-of-a-kind, just something that adds your personality to the room.
Eco-Friendly & Connected
From energy-efficient appliances and eco-friendly materials and supplies, many homeowners have put this trend at the top of their list. It may not be the most glamorous, but it is certainly the most practical. Energy efficiency not only helps save the environment, but can help save some money as well. Tech advances are also one remodeling trend that’s particularly helpful. They can save you money while adding some flexibility and convenience to your daily life. Control your home’s lighting remotely, get daily reminders, or have your alarm system let you know if it needs new batteries. When it comes to tech in the home, the possibilities are endless!
Basement (Or Attic) Oasis
Everyone has heard about the man cave. But recently, the man cave has turned into an oasis for the whole family. One of today’s top trends in home renovation includes turning the basement or attic into a much needed escape. It can be an extra guest bedroom, home office, entertainment room or hobby room. Achieve a whole new room to enjoy or entertain in without the need for an addition.
Open Floor Plans
Open floor plans for the living area and kitchens in particular are a continuing trend in the world of home renovation. There are many advantages to a more open living space, such as connecting more easily with family and allowing light to spread into more areas of the home.
Ready to get started? For more information on a home renovation in Eden Prairie and surrounding areas, call Titus Contracting at 952-746-7817 or you can contact us to Schedule a Consultation.
When it comes to our homes, most of us want to have a space that truly shows off who we are. It may reflect our line of work, our hobbies, or perhaps our family heritage, but in some way or another, as homeowners, we like to put our personalized touch on our home. It is these personal touches in décor, design, and even architecture that make the walls of the house become a space we call home.
If you are new to design or perhaps have recently gotten the urge to customize your home, it can be somewhat overwhelming – but don’t panic. Rather, take a few minutes to bring in some design pros, as well as a professional contractor to help you determine what can – or cannot – be done with your space. Consulting with them, you can develop a plan based on the structural capabilities of your home, as well as its design potential.
For home remodeling in St Paul, you can count on Titus Contracting. We can help with both the design and implementation of the project. As you begin the process of creating that perfect living space, here are some ideas and tips to consider:
- Plan the job thoroughly. This is truly the most important part of the process. Pay close attention to what the contractor tells you is possible with your space. Just because you want to take out a wall between the office and living room, it doesn’t mean you can, structurally. Once you know what structural changes can realistically be made, it is safe to move ahead.
- Don’t be afraid to think outside the box. Consider having custom bookshelves, cabinetry, furniture, or woodworking included to show off your style. There are many ways to put a fresh spin on a traditional space.
- Bring the outside in. Talk to us about adding a large picture window in a room that might be a bit too dark otherwise. Have a decorative window seat built, complete with shelving or a hidden storage area, and you now have extra seating, plus more light, and a beautiful way to showcase your style.
- The kitchen’s the heart of a home. For many families, the kitchen is where the day begins and ends, so why not show off your personality with custom cabinetry? Whether it is with unique wood designs, inset shelving, a custom-built table, bar or workspace, stone countertops, an unconventional paint pattern, or other features, the kitchen is a great space to show off your style and heritage.
- Sleep well. No home makeover would be complete without taking time to design bedrooms that encourage rest and rejuvenation. You can add a custom designed walk-in closet, a hidden alcove for unwinding, or another special element that invites you in. Our contractors can help you create a getaway in home that caters to your every need.
- It’s a wash. Are you ready to stop thinking of your bathroom as just a necessary space in the home? We can turn your basic bathroom into a home spa with custom cabinetry and counters, textured finishes, spa elements, and more. All you have to do for your spa retreat is leave your cell phone behind and let yourself slip away into relaxation.
Designing a living space that is all about you doesn’t have to be on your “someday” list. It can be done now! The Titus Contracting team has years of experience in building custom spaces for homeowners and would love to help you make your dream a reality. Contact Us today to get started on your St Paul home remodeling project.
If you are beginning to feel cramped in your living space but would prefer to stay in your Eagan neighborhood, then perhaps, it is time to look at your space from a different perspective. For many homes, there is an oft overlooked and under-utilized space perfect for expanding your family’s living area – the lower level.
If your Eagan home has a basement that is being used only as an organized storage area, why not turn that place into “the place” to hang out? From beautiful home theaters, to office space, to an extra bedroom or playroom, there are many ways the lower area of your home can be transformed from wasted to wonderful – and often, in a surprisingly short amount of time. Titus Contracting specializes in lower level finishing, and we would love to help transform your space.
Not only does turning the lower level of your home from a basic space to a fully functional work, play, or entertainment space give you more room, but according to a report by Remodeling magazine, a lower level remodeling project has a 70.3% return on the investment. That makes it one of the highest yielding home project ROIs!
However, in planning to turn your home’s lower level into a more usable space, there are some things to keep in mind. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
If you are looking for the highest amount of return on your project, consider designing a space that has multiple uses.
- If you plan on converting your lower level into living space, it’s important to note the local ordinances regarding the number and size of egresses required.
- When planning the lighting, ducts, or changing the ceiling, you need to be certain there is enough headroom. As experienced builders, our team is up-to-date on building code, and we can help you determine what is safe and functional for your space.
- While many homeowners are opting to go with hardwood floors instead of carpeting for upstairs spaces; having carpet – especially a non-wool variety – will be easier and warmer than vinyl or wood in your basement.
- When considering the overall layout of your lower level, it’s important to remember that it’s typically been an area where most of your household items have been stored. Titus can help you come up with creative storage solutions to find space for your things, and keep them organized, without compromising the great design of your new space.
- More and more, people are choosing to create a lower level suite for a parent or relative to be able to live in independently. Therefore, we often encourage people to think about adding a wet bar or kitchen to their lower level. If you put the necessary plumbing in place before closing up the walls, you will have a much easier time converting it in the future should you need it.
- Don’t forget the proper insulation! Eagan winters can be cold – be sure you do your part to keep your lower level space warm and inviting.
Lower level finishing is a great way to enhance your home’s value and add to your living space. The pros at Titus Contracting can take your Eagan residence and make it everything you want it to be. Give us a call today at 952-746-7817 or Contact Us to learn how we can take your lower level and make it into something awesome!